Sunday, April 11, 2010

The garden of a non-gardner/plant killer

Well, my husband and I are trying our hand at trying to actually grow some plants out on our meager little porch. Ideally we would like to have a big tree on the other side that blocks our view of the ever so wonderful Jack-in-the-Box. But here are the beginnings:





That would be the mint, catnip, rosemary, lavender, oregano, and thyme. Although our catnip is missing a good portion of its side leaves from a neighborhood moggy. Actually there was a good week where it went untouched. And then one day it happened....the leaves were missing. The plant has gotten over the trauma, although I am not sure that I have! The rest are all doing fairly well. But as I stated in the title...I am a plant killer. Not on purpose. I don't set out to be intentionally harmful to plants. However it just happens. I forget to water them. And then I try to over compensate which is often worse than forgetting to water them at all.



And this, this is the beauty of them all. My sister-in-law bought to many tomato plants for herself. So we, by default, received some as a gift in possibly the coolest planter ever. It is called a Topsy Turvy planter, and now I may actually be able to have fresh tomatoes on the little porch in the front. If you see the crazy lady with 50 topsy turvy's on her porch that is me...and that is because I am no longer a failed gardner....so here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment